Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist – Level 3
Position Title: Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist – Level 3
Client: Federal Aviation Administration
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $90,000.00 – $100,000.00
The Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist Level 3 will provide support to various FAA Air Traffic Control Centers, Air Traffic Control Towers (ATCTs), Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) Towers, and Air Traffic Services (ATS) FAA. Headquarters and Regional Offices. Supports development of site implementation and transition planning for National and Regional, Facilities and Equipment, and Capital Investment Plan projects. Supports and assists in identifying, analyzing, coordinating, resolving, and reporting the resolution of implementation issues generated by such projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ATC and TSS technical and operational support for the TSS Program Office at FAA Headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Provide technical and operational on-site support as required for the TSS system at Washington Dulles International Airport (KIAD).
- Support the resolution of problems and implementation of enhancements in the TSS Systems, Mobile Units, and Suitcases.
- Provide technical and ATC operational/training design support to TSS Contractors.
- Witness formal TSS acceptance tests.
- Provide ATC guidance for and manages development and modification of TSS Visual Databases (VDB).
- Ensure the TSS program complies with the FAA Technical Operations Information Systems Security Program (ISSP).
- Support the Contractor TSS Help Desk and the Contractor TSS Field Service Representatives (FSR) at TSS sites.
- Provide support for the Technical Refresh of all TSS systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have minimum of ten (10) years of ATC experience. ATC experience means performing as a FAA Air Traffic Controller at a FAA facility or a support position at FAA Headquarters or FAA Field Activity.
- Must have full performance level (FPL) ATC experience in any of the following: Terminal, Enroute, Oceanic, or Traffic Flow Management.
- Must be a Certified Tower Operator (CTO).
- Equivalent experience in the U.S. Military or international ATC environment is acceptable.
- Candidate must be located in Washington, DC area.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience using the TSS system and preparing/modifying TSS VDBs.
- College degree (e.g., aviation, business management) is preferred but not required.
- This position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
- Expenses for employee relocation not provided.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance from the United States Federal government is required.
The majority of duties will be performed in an office setting; the employee may be required to attend off site meetings and other directly related functions. Duties are normally performed within the scope of the normal work day, occasionally based on workload and the demands of the position it may become necessary to work longer than an 8-hour day.
DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. ALL PERSONNEL MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES OUTSIDE OF THEIR NORMAL RESPONSIBILITIES FROM TIME TO TIME, AS NEEDED.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY