Senior Project Manager
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Client: Major United States Government Department
Salary Range: Negotiable – Depending on Candidate Qualifications
Duty Assignment: Washington, DC; Denver, CO; or other locations in the U.S.
Roles & Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide direction on projects from inception through completion, and provide technical and management support on all aspects of project management to comply with the technical requirements of the project.
- Support development of a Department-Wide framework to develop and deliver standard information management and technology (IMT) services for the Department’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and other Department and Agency organizations.
- Provide technical and project management (PM) support to an integrated project team to design and implement IT networks and processes that can be shared/used across a large U.S. Government Department and other Agencies and Bureaus under the Department.
- Support the development of the necessary policies and guidelines for operations, governance, and oversight that will be issued by the Department CIO and other authorities.
- Support the completion of the Department standard IMT services framework that will include documentation of the processes and procedures for establishing standard IMT services throughout the Department, as well as a geographically-based service delivery model for selected IMT services.
- This position will support the CIO’s IMT Strategic priorities: 1) Cybersecurity and Privacy, 2) Improving the Computing Experience for the Field, 3) IMT Service Standardization and Consolidation, and 4) Department Actualization. This will require working collaboratively with personnel and organizations in the Department and Agencies under the Department.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned projects.
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years of work experience with projects involving project management, organizational, business, and/or technical services.
- Technical experience and knowledge of IT Network design and operation is desired.
- Experience supporting a large U.S. Government Department is desired.
- Cybersecurity knowledge and work experience is desired.
- Experience developing processes and procedures is desired.
- Applicant must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS-Office automation products, including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Project.
- Familiarity working with Google products including Mail, Sites, Calendar, Spreadsheet, Drive, and Documents.
- A. or B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Management, Information Systems, or other applicable field is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides comparable knowledge, may be acceptable to meet the above education requirement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is required for this Senior PM position. Candidates without the PMP Certification may be approved at a lower labor category until obtaining a PMP Certification.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Information Technology Service Management (ITSM)
The majority of duties will be performed in an office setting. The employee may be required to attend off site meetings and other directly related functions. Duties are normally performed within the scope of the normal 8-hour work day but the demands of the position may occasionally make it necessary to work longer than an 8-hour day.
DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. ALL PERSONNEL MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES OUTSIDE OF THEIR NORMAL RESPONSIBILITIES FROM TIME TO TIME, AS NEEDED.