Position Title: Program Manager
Client: U.S. Federal Government
Salary Range: $150,000.00 – $170,000.00
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Locations: Washington, DC
The Program Manager will provide expert level support for the FAA Data Comm Program. The successful candidate will oversee the cost, schedule, and technical performance of acquisition, operations, and support activities, and will be accountable for the overall success of the project or program. The Program Manager will lead a team of 40+ expert level consultants providing support for multiple software development and system of systems programs for the federal government.
The required roles and responsibilities of this position include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directly support the Federal Program Manager in planning, strategizing, budgeting, acquisition, systems engineering, risk analysis, and execution activities.
- Produce program management roadmap and strategic plans, to include program management planning, configuration management planning, and stakeholder communications.
- Manage all program action items and provide program analysis and reporting support to include reporting weekly and monthly program status to executives and outside oversight organizations.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective business administration of the program.
- Supports the PMO Lead in the program’s contractual requirements for financial management, invoicing, and payments.
- Support program leadership in the achievement of program goals by executing end-to-end program, project, and service management activities.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Management, Information Systems, or other applicable field is required.
- Relevant experience must be in program management (e.g., trend and forecast analysis, earned value management, cost benefit analysis, balanced scorecard, activity-based costing, life cycle cost estimating, activity-based budgeting, and gap analysis).
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- Must be proficient with MS-Office automation products, including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Project.
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is desired:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative program/project analysis such as Earned Value Management.
- Leading people and/or projects at a significant level of responsibility preferred
- Delivering program requirements on schedule and on budget
- Monitoring contract performance and execution across its life-cycle (for example, perform duties of Contracting Officer’s Representative)
- Working in a blended environment with civilian and contractor personnel
- Understanding information technology and telecommunications products, programs, tools, and processes
- Experience supporting a large U.S. Government agency or department is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is a mandatory requirement for this position.
- Organizing program workflow and ensuring that asks are appropriately assigned and completed
- Monitoring employee productivity and work quality
- Supervisory responsibility for employees spanning a variety of programs
- Providing constructive feedback and mentoring for employees
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with benefits. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with a standard 8-hour day between 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Minimal or no travel is expected for this position.
Security Clearance Requirement
- This position requires the candidate’s ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the United States Federal Government
Please note this job description does not provide a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About North Star Group
For over fourteen years, North Star Group has been providing technical and business support services to the U.S. Government. With a proven record of performance, we serve Federal Agencies, the Private Sector, and Not-for-Profit Clients at multiple locations across the U.S. North Star Group’s consulting expertise encompasses the full program management lifecycle from strategic planning and tactical execution, emphasizing process and control, for IT/communications infrastructure design, process efficiencies and turn-key solutions.
The company has been recognized on the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in consecutive years of 2011, 2012 and 2013 along with being recognized by Smart CEO magazine as one of the 100 best run companies in 2012 and 2013.
Our growth environment and proactive professional development is a testament to how we invest in our people. We provide, encourage, and foster advancement opportunities because we believe that a growth mindset is critical for us to achieve our vision.
The interesting and meaningful work we do inspires and challenges us to be more, do more and give more every day. We are inspired, engaged, passionate people. We enhance our team with every person who joins North Star Group. If these qualities and values resonate with you, you might be the right fit for North Star Group.